Comfortably test your REST APIs!
Gives you the possibilty to test your REST application.
Send custom headers and self defined bodies to your application and
displays the response in a clean way.
Get it for $6 on AppCenter
Get Spectator and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
0.5.6 – Nov 16, 2020
Use $XDG_DATA_HOME for database path
0.5.5 – Nov 14, 2020
0.5.4 – Nov 14, 2020
Fix a bug where a plain response would cause an error
0.5.3 – Nov 12, 2020
0.5.2 – Nov 12, 2020
0.5.1 – Nov 12, 2020
0.5.0 – Nov 12, 2020
Spectator 0.5.0 introduces 2 changes to the UI
Drag & Drop for Requests in the sidebar
Redesigned response view selection
- The seleceted response view will now be cached per response
0.4.3 – Sep 10, 2020
- Spectator will now be displayed correctly in AppCenter once again.
0.4.1 – Sep 30, 2019
- Fixed a bug where it was not possible to scroll through the collections
if there are to many collection or request items in the collection-sidebar
- Fixed a bug where clicking on the "Update" button when editing a collection
- The right-click menu of a request item now allows the user to clone a request
0.4.0 – Jul 28, 2019
Introduction of request collections
Added collection and history view in sidebar
- Requests can now be grouped into collections
- Each request will be saved in a seperate history
Added keyboard shortcuts
- Ctlr+n: Create a new request
- Ctlr+Shift+n: Create a new collection
- Ctlr+l: Switch to collection view in sidebar
- Ctlr+h: Switch to history view in sidebar
- Ctlr+,: Open settings dialog
Sidebar is now resizable
WebKit will now be lazy-loaded
Added more translations
0.3.1 – May 29, 2019
Fix streamed data behaviour
- Fixed a (reintroduced )bug where chunked data was not displayed
0.3.0 – May 21, 2019
- Displayed time of response is now more accurate
- Added XML parsing and create new view for XML responses
- Unified sourcecode views
- Sourcecode views are using a monospace font by default
- Added configuration for sourcecode views
0.2.1 – Mar 26, 2019
Fix streamed data behaviour
- Solves a bug where streamed data will not be shown until request finished (which might be never)
0.2.0 – Mar 17, 2019
- Adds the possibility to augment your requests with scripting.
- HTTP.get(url), HTTP.post(url, config) and other request methods are available from script
0.1.10 – Mar 13, 2019
URL Params fixes
- Fixes a bug where the application crashes if a URL param is entered from key-value view without a URL
0.1.8 – Feb 26, 2019
- Comfortably test your REST APIs!
- Send custom headers and self defined bodies to your application and displays the response in a clean way.