Explore the icon database in your system.
Easily visualize icons to find inconsistencies, or check the look of icons in different themes. Some useful features include:
- Display icon information according to Freedesktop's Icon Theme Specification (size, scale, context, etc.).
- Display icon file information (location, file size, image size, etc.).
- Compare the same icon across different installed themes.
- Search all available icons by name.
- Real time monitoring of an icon develompment folder (useful to catch inconcistencies while designing icons).
Get it for $10 on AppCenter
Get Iconoscope and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
0.9.7 – Nov 21, 2018
AppCenter updates were stuck at v0.1.4. Sorry about that!.
- 4 releases worth of features and improvements.
0.9.6 – Nov 21, 2018
- Update travis.
- Small bugfixes on the folder theme.
0.9.5 – Nov 21, 2018
New features for designers:
- Monitor icon development directories. Icon size will be guessed based on the name of the subdirectory it's
- Easily move icons into another application by using drag and drop. Useful when creating mockups.
0.9.3 – Oct 31, 2018
Easier navigation across themes and icons
- New "All" theme that includes all icons in the system.
- Easy comparison of the same icon across different themes.
- Allow to change the background color.
- Mark the selected icon.
- Improved reliability and performance.
- Convert text to path in Iconoscope's icon.
0.9.1 – Oct 10, 2018
Improved UI and make app ready for Juno
- Update code for Juno.
- Display information from the icon theme database (and make it selectable).
- Support for icons available in multiple scales.
- Show symbolic icons.
0.1.4 – Mar 15, 2018
Fix some requirements for AppCenter
- Use RDNN naming for icons
- Add changelog to appdata.xml