Create simple and beautiful presentations
Create presentations that stand out! Spice-Up has everything you need to create simple and beautiful presentations. Get your ideas across with beautiful designed templates, or start from scratch with a blank canvas. Either way, you will add some spice to your presentations with a wide variety of background patterns and a beautiful color palette.
Easy-to-design slides and powerful features:
- Export to PDF!
- Presentation Browser: Scroll through the presentations you have made and jump right into them with one click!
- Controller Support: If you have a USB or Bluetooth controller, plug it in and control your slides!
- Share your Spice-Up files and open them from a web browser if the app is not installed, no extra software needed!
- Open and edit images in your favorite editor, and it will automatically update when saved.
- Templates, a touch of creativity is all you need to make presentations in a blink of an eye.
- Bring your presentation to life with slide show transitions.
- Present like a pro with slide-by-slide notes only viewable by you!
Get it for $20 on AppCenter
Get Spice-Up and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
Note: This app is only available for elementary OS 5.1 Hera. If you’re on elementary OS 6 Odin, it will not appear in AppCenter. You can reach out to the developer and ask that they update it for OS 6.
1.8.2 – May 5, 2019
Privacy Mode and Translations
- Spice-Up now respects privacy settings. When enabled, it will not show recently opened presentations.
- The external templates fetcher service has been removed.
- French translation updated by NathanBnm
- German translation added by herrhotzenplotz
- A big thanks to all the translators for your work!
1.8.0 – Jan 20, 2019
Multi-Files and More!
- Spice-Up will now prevent your computer from suspending and hide your cursor while presenting!
- You can now open more than one file at the time! Makes copy-pasting slides or images between presentations easier
- Spice-Up now uses the new tooltips to show the keyboard shortcuts!
- There are also now keyboard shortcuts for a lot of actions such as Bring Forward and adding a new slide
- Opening the presenter notes now automatically focuses it for faster note-taking
- Fixed a small visual bug when returning to the editor while on the last slide
- Exporting a presentation will now always have the .pdf extension
1.7.0 – Oct 16, 2018
- The Clipboard is now super smart!
- You can now paste text and images into Spice-Up for external apps!
- And you can also copy text and images to apps outside of Spice-Up
- Pasting a slide to another app with paste it as an image. Sharing your work is even easier now!
- Fixed shadows on the Slide Previews not showing up, making the slide appear flat.
- Fixed problem with canvas showing items moved a bit when resizing.
1.6.1 – Oct 3, 2018
Slide Transitions and the Slide List Redesign
- After so long, Slide Transitions are finally here! Use them to make your presentations more interesting
- The New Slide Button will now always appear at the bottom, and new slides will now be added after the currently selected slide
- You can right click the slide, and select from the actions there.
- From that right click menu, you can now select which slide will be shown in the thumbnail!
- Presenter notes has been moved to the main window. Toggle the editor from the new button on the headerbar!
- Some color and Style changes!
- Fixed the problem where empty slides would refuse to render on the Slide List!
- Fixed: Non-editable items on the toolbar now show up properly
1.5.2 – Aug 23, 2018
A Very Juno Update
- Spice-Up is now ready for elementary OS Juno!
- Even more colors and gradients for you to make your presentations even better!
- Files and Templates now show a label with it's name on the welcome screen
- You can now copy and paste styles on the color pickers!
- New templates will now be fetched from the web, so expect more to come!
- New translations for Japanese, Catalan, Portuguese, Dutch!
1.3.2 – Feb 20, 2018
The Color Update, Part 2
- The new color picker now uses their own custom icons!
- The Gradient Editor's steps now shows feedback when selected
- Spice-Up's icon has being updated to use the elementary color palette.
- European Portuguese has been added to the family of translations. Big thanks to emansije!
1.3.0 – Feb 2, 2018
The Color Update
- The color picker has had a mayor makeover!
- You can now add/remove stops in gradients, as well as move them around and rotate them.
- Grab inspiration from one of the ten new gradient presets!
- You can also pick colors from the screen.
- Fonts are searchable now
- Font-styles are now styled (pun intended)
- Notifications are now disabled when presenting
1.2.0 – Dec 25, 2017
Presents for Presenters!
- Presentation View! Starting a presentation with two monitors will open the presentation on the secondary monitor, and a presentation viewer on your main screen.
- You can now type presenter notes, and see them while presenting!
- Your presentations now end with an all-black slide
- Images can now be added by Drag and Drop
- Spice-Up is now available in Serbian!
- Some other fixes and cleanups
1.1.0 – Nov 2, 2017
- Presentations saved can now be viewed from a web browser by drag and drop if Spice-Up is not installed, and even if you're not using elementary OS or Linux
1.0.1 – Oct 13, 2017
I'm making a note here...
- Lots of optimizations have happened, now it loads presentations crazy fast!
- The Text Toolbar has been cleaned up to better match the other bars
- You can now align text vertically!
- Going to and from the Welcome Screen is now animated
- Spice-Up is now translated to French and Portuguese!
1.0.0 – Sep 14, 2017
This was a triumph!
- Creating a new presentation now brings up templates you can choose from.
- You can now replace images right from Spice-Up.
- Making a new slide now picks up the style from your last one.
- You can now make Text and Shapes transparent, right from the custom color picker!
- Fixed: Double clicking would sometimes deselect the item.
- Fixed: The text on the roundness slider was hard to read.
- Spice-Up is also now available in Spanish!
0.8.2 – Aug 27, 2017
Now with 100% better feedback!
- Selecting slides, and colors on the color picker now feels like you actually press something.
- ColorPicker: Click on the preview to be able to set both colors at once.
- A better high resolution icon
- Fixed: Spice-Up should now work a lot better with other themes
- Fixed: Sometimes, the default blue color would get selected
0.8.0 – Jul 20, 2017
Clipboard, Circles and a Browser
- Shapes: You can now set the roundness of the square, and finally make circles!
- Cut, copy, and paste slides, and canvas items!
- The presentations you make will appear on the welcome screen for easy access to them!