Organize your words
Quickly create outlines and export them in a number of useful formats.
- Quickly create and navigate outlines using the keyboard or mouse.
- Full support for text formatting.
- Add notes to any outline text.
- Add checkboxes to any or all outline text.
- Close/Hide any group within the outline for increased focus.
- Quick search and replace of any text within the document, including notes.
- View document statistics such as character count, word count and row count.
- Unlimited undo/redo of any change.
- Automatically saves in the background.
- Open multiple outlines with the use of tabs.
- Built-in themes.
- Support for changing fonts within a document.
- Import from Minder and OPML.
- Export to HTML, Markdown, Minder, OPML, Org-Mode, PDF and PlainText.
- Printer support.
Get it for $10 on AppCenter
Get Outliner and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
1.2.0 – May 17, 2020
- Added highlight for row that the mouse cursor is currently over.
- Added support for row labeling for the purposes of moving and selecting rows.
- Added support for changing document and application default fonts.
- Added support for adding checkbox state to rows.
- Added checkbox statistics to the statistics panel.
- Added Org-Mode export mode.
- When only row is deleted, a new row will be added and placed into edit mode.
- Updated keyboard shortcut cheatsheet.
- Changed cursor and added tooltip when cursor is over URL and Control is held down.
- Enhanced clipboard functionality.
- Modified look of statistics panel to improve readability of display groups of information.
- Fixed right margin for descendant rows.
- Fixed exports to allow existing files to be overwritten.
1.1.0 – Apr 20, 2020
- Added support for row cloning.
- Added French translation (thanks to Nathan Bonnemains).
- Added Dutch translation (thanks to Heimen Stoffels).
- Added support for subscript and superscript text formatting.
- Added support for using input methods.
- Added new keyboard shortcuts for selecting and moving rows.
- Added new H keyboard shortcut for positioning currently selected row at the top of the window.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for deleting the next or previous word.
- Added new selection submenu to contextual menu.
- Added clear formatting button to format bar.
- Removed support for the m command.
- Improved look of format bar, especially for dark themes.
- Changed tab bar coloring to match the background color of the current tab.
- Changed default filename from unnamed to be the translated name.
- Improved undo/redo tooltips to look better in non-English translations.
- Fixed issue with deleting a single character for multi-byte characters.
- Fixed application screenshots.
- Fixed application crash when a command used when selected row is a top-level row.
- Fixed issues with showing or hiding a note.
- Fixed New Document plank command to open a new tab after loading application data.
- Fixed theming issues when two tabs use different themes.
- Fixed translation string issues (thanks to Nathan Bonnemains).
- Fixed text positioning issues when tags are added to text.
- Fixed issues with making shortcut cheatsheet text translatable.
- Fixed application crash when moving a row to the top of the document.
- Fixed title of shortcut cheatsheet.
- Fixed application crashes and incorrectly placed rows when moving them via the mouse.
1.0.3 – Mar 26, 2020