Create, develop and visualize your ideas
Use the power of mind-mapping to make your ideas come to life.
- Quickly create visual mind-maps using the keyboard and automatic layout.
- Choose from many tree layout choices
- Add notes, tasks and images to your nodes.
- Add node-to-node connections with optional text and notes.
- Stylize nodes, links and connections to add more meaning and improve readability.
- Quick search of node and connection titles and notes, including filtering options.
- Zoom in or enable focus mode to focus on certain ideas or zoom out to see the bigger picture.
- Enter focus mode to better view and understand portions of the map.
- Unlimited undo/redo of any change.
- Automatically saves in the background.
- Colorized node branches.
- Open multiple mindmaps with the use of tabs.
- Built-in and customizable theming.
- Gorgeous animations.
- Import from OPML, FreeMind and Freeplane formats.
- Export to PDF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, SVG, OPML, CSV, Markdown, PlainText, FreeMind, Freeplane, yEd and Mermaid formats.
- Printer support.
Get it for $10 on AppCenter
Get Minder and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
1.6.0 – Dec 26, 2019
- Added ability to delete a single node (instead of the node and its subtree) in the contextual menu.
- When a new document is first saved, the first root node text is used as the default filename.
- Added multi-select support which includes:
Changing stylesCopy, cut, paste and delete supportConnect two selected nodesCreate node links between two
or more selected nodesFold/unfold selected nodes
- Added support for URLs in node titles.
- Added support for Markdown within a note
Notes are syntax highlightedEmbedded URLs can be opened by Control-Clicking on them
- Updated application icon and other recently improved icons for improved readability (thanks to Nararyans R.I.).
- Improved look and readability of theme icons in the sidebar.
- Changed sidebar to display theme icons in a grid layout.
- Improved various export format output.
- Fixed various compiler warnings/errors after compiling with latest version of Vala compiler.
1.5.1 – Nov 23, 2019
- Improved various icons (thanks to Nararyans R.I.)
- Downgraded Node.js to fix Travis CI builds
- Fixed various compiler errors/warnings
1.5.0 – Sep 7, 2019
- Added export to yEd.
- Added ability to create, edit and delete custom themes.
- Added new quick entry mode, allowing node trees to be input within a text editor.
- Added Control-W keyboard shortcut to close the current tab.
- Added shortcut exploration help window (use F1 key to display).
- New search icon which has better contrast for Minder's themed header bar (thanks to Nararyans R.I.).
- New non-symbolic sidebar icon in header bar (thanks to Nararyans R.I.).
- New Minder application icon which fits in with the elementary OS color scheme better (thansk to Nararyans R.I.).
- New focus icon in header bar (thanks to Nararyans R.I.).
- Improved styling when creating a new node/connection.
- Fixed issue where separate trees in same mind-map where allowed to overlap.
- Fixed node link drawing issue when using manual layout mode.
- Fixed issues drawing arrows properly when straight node links were being used.
- Fixed display issues with the node fill switch in the style inspector.
- Fixed support for cut, copy and pasting connection title text.
- Fixed keyboard shortcut for toggling focus mode.
1.4.1 – Jul 14, 2019
- Fixed issue with automatic layout that was introduced in 1.4.0.
1.4.0 – Jul 3, 2019
- Added support for focus mode.
- Added support for multiple documents with tabs.
- Added support for resizing the inspector sidebar.
- Added support for creating a new node directly from editing an existing node presssing Return or Tab.
- Added support for adding a new parent node to an existing node.
- Added support for importing/exporting to FreeMind and Freeplane formats.
- Added support for sorting children either alphabetically or randomly.
- Added support for creating a link from one node to another node in the same map.
- Added support for building a Flatpak.
- Removed markup from translated strings.
- Standardized tooltips that display accelerator information.
- Changed the way that node/connection titles are displayed in inspector.
- Changed app terminal script to allow command-line arguments to be passed to debug subcommand.
- Changed header bar and widget colors to match Minder brand color.
- Changed search icon in header bar to a symbolic icon to improve readability.
- When note tooltip is displayed, markup text is rendered for improved readability.
- Enhanced app script to allow command-line arguments to be passed to debug subcommand.
- Fixed an issue with calculating connection endpoints when a portion of the node is not visible.
- Fixed file naming issue when a file is imported.
- Fixed issue with displaying resized nodes on open or application startup.
1.3.1 – Jun 2, 2019
- Fixing issue with export functions.
1.3.0 – May 20, 2019
Let's stay connected!
- Added support for creating a visual connection between any two nodes.
- Added ability to show/hide all connections in the map.
- Added support for remembering the last selected child of a node when navigating the map with the keyboard.
- When escape key is used when editing text, editing mode is ended without reverting text.
- Created unique contextual menus depending on what is selected in the mind map.
- Changed Node sidebar tab to Current which shows either the currently selected node or connection.
- Improved link drawing when a node tree is being moved.
- Switched from using GtkFileChooserDialog to GtkFileChooserNative.
- Added support for inserting emoji when editing text in the mind map (use Control-period).
- Improved readability of theme name when the theme is selected.
- Fixed issue where changing a global style was not saved/applied to new nodes.
- Improved copy/paste support of nodes so that copied items can be pasted in other mind maps.
- Added support for dynamically changing to dark mode in the UI if the prefer-dark desktop gsetting is set.
- Added ability to show/hide each panel within the style inspector.
- Removed support for Loki builds.
1.2.1 – Apr 10, 2019
- Fixing appdata.xml file omission.
- Removing automatic style apply when the affects is set to certain values.
1.2 – Apr 9, 2019
- Added Spanish translation.
- Added support for Control-Return/Tab to support adding newlines/tabs in a node's title.
- Improved node title editing support for selection and cursor movement.
- Added support for automatically opening Minder files from Files.
- Added ability to modify styles of nodes and links.
- Changed layouts to be stored on a per tree basis instead of a per document basis.
- Added support for exporting to the Mermaid format.
- Added support for disabling/enabling displaying markup in node title.
- Improved the look of the fold indicators.
- Lots of bug fixes.
1.1.3 – Oct 13, 2018
- Adding Spanish translation (thanks to Adolfo Jayme-Barrientos).
- Adding support for special character insertion via the Compose key.
1.1.2 – Oct 9, 2018
Updating French translation.
1.1.1 – Sep 27, 2018
Bug fix release
- Fixed bugs related to editing unicode characters in map area.
- Reduced height of node textbox in sidebar to help alleviate window sizing problems.
- Fixed issue with moving a node to a different position within a parent node.
- Fixed issue connecting a root node to another node.
1.1 – Sep 18, 2018
Images now supported!
- Added support for images within nodes.
- Added basic image editing support.
- Added support for dragging and dropping local and web images.
- Added support for resizing node width.
- Changed cursors when over a task button.
- Changed location of task and note elements in a node.
- Added support for keeping the map from scrolling off screen.
- Added support for shift-mousewheel to scroll horizontally.
- Added support for control-mousewheel to zoom in/out.
- Fixed issue with drawing background when zoom factor was small.
- Custom icons are now stored as a gresource rather than in the file system.
- Other minor bug fixes.
1.0.8 – Aug 6, 2018
Support for more export types and bug fixes.
- Added support for exporting to SVG, JPEG, BMP, Markdown, PlainText and CSV formats.
- Added support for folding all completed tasks in map inspector.
- Added support for unfolding all folded nodes in map inspector.
- Added Solarized Dark and Solarized Light themes.
- Changing button display in map inspector.
- Cleaning up Export menu to include a single "Export…" option.
- Fixing issue where modified node title in node inspector was lost when input focus was changed.
- Fixing issue where an entire tree is attached to another tree.
- Added Czech translation (thanks to Jan Marek!).
- Added French translation (thanks to Yannick A.!).
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation (thanks to btd1337!)
1.0.7 – Jul 13, 2018
Initial startup bug fix.
1.0.4 – Jul 11, 2018
Search improvements and bug fixes
- Added ability to search within notes.
- Added ability to optionally control search criteria within search popover.
- Fixed screenshots.
- Changed properties header bar icon to a sidebar hide/show icon for clarity.
- Several minor UI improvements.
- Removing deprecated GTK calls.
- Added ability to double-click on a node to make it editable.
- Bug fixes.
1.0.2 – Jun 29, 2018