A Great Podcast Client for the Modern Free Desktop
Vocal is the best way to find interesting new podcasts, maintain a growing library,
and enjoy audio and video shows that automatically get updated with new content.
- Audio and video podcast support
- Built-in iTunes podcast store browsing and search
- Episode streaming and downloading
- Custom skip intervals
- Full system integration
- Automatic downloads
- Smart library management
- Playback position saving
- Library importing and exporting
- ... and much more!
Get it for $5 on AppCenter
Get Vocal and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
2.3 – Nov 4, 2018
Vocal's first release for elementary OS Juno!
- Added new in-app volume controls
- Dramatic improvements to the new episode count badges
- Improved the search view to make it clear when Vocal is loading results from iTunes
- Podcasts licensed as Creative Commons now display a Creative Commons logo
- Improved look and feel throughout the app
- New episodes are now sorted by release date rather than just their position in the RSS feed (most users will not
notice a difference as this was an edge-case)
- Fixed navigation issues that could cause new users to get stuck during the setup process
- Fixed several issues with the new episodes view button either being visible when it should not be, or not being
visible when it should
- Database handling and performance improvements
- General stability improvements
2.2 – Apr 22, 2018
This update features a metric ton of bug fixes and stability
improvements, as well as a brand new way to see all your new episodes
at a glance.
- Fixed the infamous "freeze on launch" bug which prevented some
users from accessing their library.
- Added a New Episode view to see all the unplayed episodes in
your library at once.
- Fixed an annoyance where Vocal would sometimes re-download an
episode that had already been downloaded.
- Performance and stability improvements with checking for new
- Improved performance of the iTunes podcast directory
(specifically related to the loading of hi res images).
- Improved logging and debugging support.
- Many other small performance and stability enhancements.
2.1 – Dec 30, 2017
Grab some hot chocolate and curl up with a nice podcast this winter
season, it's time for a new Vocal release! This time around, enjoy
a ton of stability and performance enhancements, full HiDPI support,
and other bug fixes to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
- Added HiDPI support for all images so everything looks nice and
sharp no matter how fancy your display is.
- Fixed an issue where Vocal would not show you the time elapsed
or remaining in an episode immediately after relaunching the app.
- Reduced the animation time for switching between different
views so that it feels extra snappy.
- Gave the search results view a shave and a haircut. Two bits.
- Fixed a few issues where Vocal would be grouchy about
showing certain episode descriptions.
- When importing several podcasts the progress bar now stays
one size so you can actually judge the progress correctly.
- You can now drag and drop items in the play queue to rearrange
- Lots more checking to make sure that things exist so it won't
crash nearly as much (hopefully never).
2.0 – Apr 28, 2017
Vocal's most exciting release yet, featuring full iTunes
directory and search support, improved performance, a
redesigned podcast view, and tons of other great