Focus on your writing
Focus on your writing and write beautiful solid stories with the Focus Mode in tow in this Markdown editor
- Work on a story, one file at a time.
- Save your documents anywhere, even on existing files.
- Preview your story in the Preview Mode.
- Configure whether to have Focus Mode or not.
- Configure whether to have Dark Mode or not.
- Configure whether to have Sepia Mode or not.
- Fullscreen your writing area with F11.
- Search anytime with the shortcut Ctrl + F
- Quit anytime with the shortcut Ctrl + Q
Get it for $10 on AppCenter
Get Quilter and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
1.8.2 – Apr 15, 2019
Release: Magic Files
- Added: When a user types a path with either % ... % or : ... : to a file or image respectively, it is embedded,
and is in Preview.
1.8.1 – Apr 12, 2019
Release: Fixes and Gizmos
- Fixes: Outline crashes the app if no file found.
- Fixes: App crashes if new document button is pushed when no files are in the sidebar.
- Fixes: App fails to launch if file in sidebar no longer exists.
- Fixes: App doesn't check spelling.
1.8.0 – Apr 12, 2019
Release: File Eyeliner
- Added: File outline in the sidebar.
1.7.6 – Mar 16, 2019
Release: Blu-ray Encoder
- Fixed: When adding files to sidebar, actually select them.
- Updated: Dutch Translation
1.7.5 – Mar 8, 2019
Release: DVD Cleaner
- Fixed: Opening files should never fail now.
1.7.4 – Mar 1, 2019
Release: VHS Tape Mixer
- Reworked a lot of the internals so actions don't kill files. [Adam Bieńkowski - @donadigo]
1.7.3 – Mar 1, 2019
Release: Betamax Tracker
- Some UX redefinition in the sidebar, to avoid complicating it.
1.7.2 – Mar 1, 2019
Release: Kodachrome Selector
- Open files without adding duplicate entries, and clear sidebar is you really need to (it has a confirm dialog).
1.7.0 – Feb 22, 2019
Release: Visually Stunning
Quilter received a visual upgrade, and also an awesome backend tuneup.
- Rewrote all Sidebar functions
- Removed LaTeX because it was lagging the app…
- All File Management functions rewritten from scratch!
1.6.8 – Oct 19, 2018
Release: Side Serve Sheets
- After 5 months, the Sidebar has appeared. Track your recent stories files there, or hide it. Your choice.
1.6.7 – Oct 12, 2018
Release: Choice Looks Better
- All tracking choices as well as preview font choices are better shown.
1.6.6 – Sep 21, 2018
Release: Stylish Readable Stories
- All text passes a contrast check to be readable now.
1.6.2 – Sep 21, 2018
Release: Track Your Stuff Up
- You can now set what to track in the document: Characters, Words, or Lines.
1.6.1 – Aug 17, 2018
Release: Font Forgery
- You can now set the font size for Edit View in the Preferences.
1.6.0 – Jul 20, 2018
Release: Sepia & Blues
- A new Mode between Light & Dark, the Sepia Mode.
- A new way to toggle between Modes in the Settings.
- Dynamargins: the three sizes now autofit for the window's size.
- A redesign of the main menu.
- Search any term inside your document.
- Change Preview Mode's font style on-the-fly.
- Toggle Typewrite Mode for use on Focus Mode: Mimic a typerwriter when editing.
- Fixed most of the internal logic to change between Modes.
- Fixed fullscreen bug. (finally!)
- Margins when fullscreen reflect the ratio of those on non-fullscreen settings
- Fixed the refresh rate of Preview Mode.
1.5.6 – May 5, 2018
Release: Unreleased Bump
- Intentionally left blank.
1.5.5 – May 4, 2018
Release: Maths? Hardly knew 'er!
- Now you can add LaTeX equations with "$" or "$$" modes.
1.5.4 – Apr 27, 2018
Release: Don't Blot Yourself
- Preview Mode will only update on changes from Edit View.
- Statusbar will update always.
1.5.3 – Mar 18, 2018
Release: All-Around An Inker!
- Preview Mode will also not autojump to the start of the scroll at any time.
- Header becomes Heading in the Cheatsheet.
- Fixed the Unsaved changes dialog still killing files when pressing the New File button.
- New Translations for: Dutch, Catalan & Spanish.
1.5.2 – Feb 17, 2018
Release: Visual Standardization
- The headerbar now respects the global theme in Normal and Dark modes.
1.5.0 – Feb 10, 2018
Release: New Sheets Won't Crumple Old Ones, part 2
- The New File button will not purge old files.