Focus on your writing
Focus on your writing and write beautiful solid stories with the Focus Mode in tow in this Markdown editor
- Work on a story, one file at a time.
- Write equations with the built-in LaTeX functions.
- Save your documents anywhere, even on existing files.
- Preview your story in the Preview Mode.
- Configure whether to have Focus Mode or not.
- Configure whether to have Dark Mode or not.
- Configure whether to have Sepia Mode or not.
- Fullscreen your writing area with F11.
- Search anytime with the shortcut Ctrl + F
- Quit anytime with the shortcut Ctrl + Q
Get it on AppCenter
Get Quilter and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-want app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
1.6.8 – Oct 19, 2018
Release: Side Serve Sheets
- After 5 months, the Sidebar has appeared. Track your recent stories files there, or hide it. Your choice.
1.6.7 – Oct 12, 2018
Release: Choice Looks Better
- All tracking choices as well as preview font choices are better shown.
1.6.6 – Sep 21, 2018
Release: Stylish Readable Stories
- All text passes a contrast check to be readable now.
1.6.2 – Sep 21, 2018
Release: Track Your Stuff Up
- You can now set what to track in the document: Characters, Words, or Lines.
1.6.1 – Aug 17, 2018
Release: Font Forgery
- You can now set the font size for Edit View in the Preferences.
1.6.0 – Jul 20, 2018
Release: Sepia & Blues
- A new Mode between Light & Dark, the Sepia Mode.
- A new way to toggle between Modes in the Settings.
- Dynamargins: the three sizes now autofit for the window's size.
- A redesign of the main menu.
- Search any term inside your document.
- Change Preview Mode's font style on-the-fly.
- Toggle Typewrite Mode for use on Focus Mode: Mimic a typerwriter when editing.
- Fixed most of the internal logic to change between Modes.
- Fixed fullscreen bug. (finally!)
- Margins when fullscreen reflect the ratio of those on non-fullscreen settings
- Fixed the refresh rate of Preview Mode.
1.5.6 – May 5, 2018
Release: Unreleased Bump
- Intentionally left blank.
1.5.5 – May 4, 2018
Release: Maths? Hardly knew 'er!
- Now you can add LaTeX equations with "$" or "$$" modes.
1.5.4 – Apr 27, 2018
Release: Don't Blot Yourself
- Preview Mode will only update on changes from Edit View.
- Statusbar will update always.
1.5.3 – Mar 18, 2018
Release: All-Around An Inker!
- Preview Mode will also not autojump to the start of the scroll at any time.
- Header becomes Heading in the Cheatsheet.
- Fixed the Unsaved changes dialog still killing files when pressing the New File button.
- New Translations for: Dutch, Catalan & Spanish.
1.5.2 – Feb 17, 2018
Release: Visual Standardization
- The headerbar now respects the global theme in Normal and Dark modes.
1.5.0 – Feb 10, 2018
Release: New Sheets Won't Crumple Old Ones, part 2
- The New File button will not purge old files.