Encode and decode text
A simple application for encoding and decoding text. Hide your text from prying eyes!
Note:Nota:Remarque :Nota:Note:Note:Note: This application does not actually encrypt files. This was made just to encipher strings. Have fun!
- Caesar Shift Cipher
- Atbash Cipher
- ROT13 Cipher
- ASCII Encoding
- Base64 Encoding
- Polybius Square Cipher
- Vigenere Cipher
- Hashing Functions (MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512)
Get it for $0 on AppCenter
Get Cipher and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-can app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
Note: This app is only available for elementary OS 5.1 Hera. If you’re on elementary OS 6 Odin, it will not appear in AppCenter. You can reach out to the developer and ask that they update it for OS 6.
2.5.0 – Nov 22, 2019
- Add Dutch translations. Thanks @Vistaus (https://github.com/Vistaus)
- Add preserve case option to Vigenere Cipher. Thanks @sahilarora3117 (https://github.com/sahilarora3117)
- Add Spanish and Galician translations. Thanks @riesp (https://github.com/riesp)
2.0.0 – Sep 15, 2019
- New Icon! Thanks @Fatih20 (https://github.com/Fatih20)
- Added Vigenere Cipher
- Added SHA384 and SHA512 Hash Functions
1.0.0 – Feb 2, 2019
- Complete UI/UX Redesign!
- Added i18n Capability
- Added French Tranlations. Thanks @NathanBnm (https://github.com/NathanBnm)
0.1.6 – May 25, 2018
- Update for Juno
- Add Hashing Functions
0.1.5 – Jan 15, 2018
- New Icon
- Fixes in .desktop file
0.1.3 – Jan 15, 2018
Appdata and minor language fixes