Read Atom and RSS feeds
News lets you read and aggregate Atom and RSS feeds.
Get it on AppCenter
Get News and more on elementary AppCenter, the open, pay-what-you-can app store for indie developers. Every app is open source and has been reviewed and curated by elementary to ensure a native, privacy-respecting, and secure experience.
Note: This app is only available for elementary OS 5.1 Hera. If you’re on elementary OS 6 Odin, it will not appear in AppCenter. You can reach out to the developer and ask that they update it for OS 6.
1.4 – May 25, 2020
- UI updates
- "All" feed now exists - it combines all of your feeds into one
- Google News searches in your system language
1.3 – Apr 28, 2019
- Allowed opening a feed from the command line
- Added the ability to view feed information
- Switched to relative date time strings (e.g. now, 5m ago)
- Toasts will show up instead of info bars
- Sources will stay after closing and reopening the app
- Added support for Atom feeds
1.2 – Jun 13, 2018
- Removed about dialog
- Change color of header bar
- Feed entry titles always align to the left
- Added dates
- Simplified "Add RSS feed" dialog
- Changed error reporting to info bars instead of dialogs
- Simplified searching via Google News; added Ctrl+F shortcut